Pars Tracking Number

LCS Tracking Number

For inquiries, please call: 888-809-8888

If you plan to import a vehicle (car, truck, van, SUV, exotic car, vintage car, classic car, tractor trailers or others) into Canada from anywhere around the world, you’ll need to navigate a long list of rules, regulations, processes and costs after making your purchase.

cars lined up to the cargo ship

For individual and commercial importers, LCS Customs Brokers provides the full range of services to ensure your vehicle import runs smoothly.

On April 5, 2014, U.S. Census Bureau (Census) Foreign Trade Regulations (FTR) mandated filing of export information through the Automated Export System (AES). The AES stipulates that every self-propelled vehicle leaving the United States must be reported to CBP in advance of the requisite ‘72 hours’ notice’. Census agreed to provide an additional 6-month period for “informed compliance”, where no penalties will be issued. However, after this period on October 2, 2014, Penalties for non-compliance range from $500 to $10,000.

To complete your AES filing, the reporting company will require an EIN, IRS or D-U-N-S number from the seller. (These numbers establish that the seller is employed or has a business in North America).

Upon acceptance of your AES filing, an Internal Transaction Number (ITN) will be issued – the AES-generated number assigned to a shipment confirming that your filing was accepted. This ITN must accompany the request to start the 72-hour CBP export notice.

Our vehicle import service includes:

Arrange for transportation (if required)

  • Preparation of Customs release
  • Remittance of Duties & Taxes to Canada Customs
  • Coordination of border crossing
  • Complete Customs Accounting Documentation


When importing a commercial or recreational vehicle into Canada from overseas, here a few key factors you need to know before your vehicle will be allowed entry by the Canada Border Service Agency (CBSA):

  • The vehicle must be 15 years old or older. Anything newer is not admissible into Canada
  • The vehicle meets the Motor Vehicle Safety Act (MVSA) requirements
  • Meet the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) by ensuring the vehicle is clean and free of soil
  • Submit required documents to CBSA at first point of entry into Canada
  • Pay applicable taxes, RIV fee, duty, and excise taxes

You will need from the supplier:

  • Sales Invoice (displaying all costs)
  • Export Certificate
  • Ocean Bill of Lading
  • Vehicle Ownership