As one of Canada’s largest customs brokers for fish and seafood, LCS Customs Brokers will guarantee getting your time sensitive shipments to market on time. We understand the serious consequences of service delays at a customs entry point for your highly perishable goods.
It is important that importers familiarize themselves with the fish inspection requirements upon entry to Canada. Many import requirements may vary by commodity. Importers must apply for a license to inform the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) of the intention to import fish products.
LCS Customs Brokers can assist with following:
- Daily interaction with the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) to ensure the most up-to-date accuracy of information.
- Consulting with importers & customs compliance, thus reducing any penalties and fines issued by Canada Border Services Agency.
- Work with carriers to assist them in expediting the customs release process on shipments entering the country.
- In the event that your seafood is detained, our team of experts can work quickly to provide unmatched guidance that can expedite the process.
- Through our strategic presence at many of the main airports and Canadian / U.S. ports of arrival, we can effectively handle your ocean and air freight arrivals, ensuring they make it to their destinations on time.
- 24/7 LIVE Reception Team available to answer your calls 24 hours, 7 days per week.
Challenges often experienced by fish and seafood importers are as follows:
- Unclear or incorrect documentations
- Late shipment changes, including quantities and/or value
- Late entry notification of customs transaction’s number for the Department of Fisheries and Ocean Fish Import Notification.
- Confusion on permits & other PGA requirements